About the Sweden category

Welcome to the Open Knowledge Sweden discussion group! :blush:

This is a place where we discuss local issues, events, and projects. Language might be Swedish but the preferred language is English to be more inclusive and connect with the international community.

This discussion forum is one way we’re connecting the dots in Open Knowledge across Sweden. You can also:

:world_map: Guidelines and rules :triangular_ruler:

Why should you use this category? What is it for? :thinking:

With this category, we want to bring together people and stakeholders from all sides in an open forum to enable greater transparency and understanding and collaboration on transparency in areas. It is an attempt to see and talk beyond the silos that can arise within and between activities and areas.

How exactly is this category and forum different from those that already exist in Sweden? :unicorn:

This forum, category and its sub-categories differ from the other categories in that communication is in Swedish (or English). For the rest of the categories outside this one, communication is mainly in English or another language for each country.

What topics should this category generally contain? :package:

This category may contain discussions on all topics related to transparency.

Why is this category needed? :heart_eyes:

This category is part of this international forum so that we in Sweden can find and connect with the international network on various aspects of openness and open knowledge.

More info in Swedish: :sweden:

Denna kategori handlar om öppenhet, kunskap och transparens i Sverige och modereras främst av Open Knowledge Sverige. Här används primärt svenska eller engelska som språk.

Riktlinjer och regler:

Varför ska du använda denna kategori? Vad är den till för?

Med denna kategori vill vi samla människor och aktörer från alla håll på ett öppet forum för att möjliggöra ökad insyn och förståelse samt samverkan kring öppenhet inom områden. Det är ett försök att se och föra samtal bortom de stuprör som kan uppstå inom och emellan verksamheter och områden.

Hur exakt är denna kategori och forum annorlunda från de som redan finns i Sverige?

Detta forum, kategorin och dess underkategorier särskiljer sig från övriga kategorier genom att kommunikationen sker på svenska (eller engelska). Vid resten av kategorierna utanför denna sker kommunikationen i huvudsak på engelska eller annat språk för respektive land.

Vilka ämnen ska denna kategori generellt innehålla?

Denna kategori får innehålla diskussioner kring alla ämnen kopplat till öppenhet.

Varför behövs denna kategori?

Denna kategori är en del på detta internationella forum för att vi i Sverige ska kunna hitta och koppla samman med det internationella nätverket kring olika aspekter av öppenhet och öppen kunskap.

Presentera dig nedan! :hugs:

Please introduce yourself below! :hugs:

Optional: Introduction in international section :earth_asia: :earth_africa: :earth_americas:

Also feel free to introduce yourself to the international community here: Welcome to the Open Knowledge forum!

1 Like

Hi, my name is Paulina. Looking forward to contributing to more transparency :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Mattias and I’m a part of the volunteer team helping to run https://okfn.se and https://handlingar.se. I like justice, creativity, open knowledge, open data, Freedom of Information, privacy and security. :slight_smile: Welcome to all of you joining here!

Thanks @ulin_02 for your intro!

Hi, my name is Emmanuella. Looking forward to working with the team.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Stockholm Uni Master Thesis Research Project

Hey! My name is Miyanda. Looking forward to working with you :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Hello there!

I’m Veronika and I’m excited to be a new volunteer here. As someone who values transparency and open communication in society, I’m eager to contribute my skills to this amazing cause. Let’s work together to create a more open and connected world!

2 Likes

@miyandachilipamushi Likewise, looking forward to your intro to SLU contact :slight_smile:

@vivi Hello and welcome! Please check your email you got from @Elenor :slight_smile:

Hello!
I’m Selsabeel and I’m a new volunteer that will be joining the team. I’m looking forward to working with you all!

Hi everyone! My name is Gino. I moved to Sweden in 2022 from the Philippines. I used to be a lawyer in the Philippines and am interested in the right to access to information. I also have a science degree where I did a bit of coding. I look forward to being able to help in anyway.

1 Like

Hello i’m Krisna, excited to join the network and looking forward to work and have fun with the team!

Hi, my name is Kristyna and I recently moved to Sweden. I would like to try something new and the Idea of working with data primarily to help people is very appealing to me.

1 Like

Hi everyone!
My name is Roberta and I currently work at the Italian Embassy in Stockholm. I would like to contribute as a volunteer with my experience and at the same time learn more about digital tools to make knowledge more open.

1 Like

Hello everyone! Another Italian here :slight_smile:

Communication is a passion of mine, both personally and professionally, and I think the work that Open Knowledge Sweden is doing is extremely interesting and important. I’ve worked with communications and marketing for over 10 years, primarily in the digital sphere but also with offline activities. I’m keen to see how I can contribute to fostering a more open, transparent society.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved to Sweden and would like to put my skills in use for the public good.

Moving from a country where information is becoming more and more limited and less available for the public, I believe it is an important cause.

Looking forward to work with you!

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Kristjan.

I see it as a matter of course that information about how tax money is managed and spent should be accessible to all citizens. That’s why I want to volunteer and help with the technology that makes this information available.

Looking forward to working with the team.

1 Like

Hi everyone. My name is Hamzeh.

I have been in Sweden (Gothenburg) for 5 months. I am C++ Developer with over 10 year experience and I’m here to work as a consultant. I have a good background with Linux, Embedded Linux, Bash Script, Docker and Git and GitLab. I love problem solving with the softwares so the programming language is not a challenge and I believe in my abilities but I think I need to improve and extend my skills, always.

Since I guess this volunteer actions matched with my stack I decided to register. But I don’t know how you guys are working, how you define the tasks and assign them, of course I don’t know about the tasks. Anyway I here to work as a team member and my main reasons to be here are:

1. Volunteer.
  2. Matching the skills
  3. Communication, Socializing, new friends, multi-cultural workspace.
1 Like

Hi! My name is Laura and I am from Denmark. Looking forward to working with you all!

1 Like

Hi! my name is Ramzi, I am a recent graduate of Software Engineering, I am keen on volunteering as it presents an opportunity to utilize my background in this field and would be a privilege to contribute actively in such a meaningful way.

1 Like