Episode 2 - 2018/3/1: Data.gov; Open Data Day; US City Open Data Census

WHEN: Mar 1, 2018. 2-3p EST / noon-1p MST / 11a-noon PST / 9-10a HST

WHERE: GotoWebinar :point_left:t4: register here

WHAT:
Data.gov is the US government’s national data portal. As such, it aggregates more than 226,000 datasets representing more than 10 million data resources. It does this primarily by harvesting data from 166 different agencies/subagencies and 753 publishers across all levels of governments in the US (as of Feb 16, 2018 per data.gov’s metrics page) - making it the largest CKAN installation in the US.

In this webinar, the Data.gov team will give an overview of the program, several initiatives underway to improve the site, and share their roadmap.

As this is the Thursday before Open Data Day, we will also review local ODD activities across the US, and Sunlight Cities will give an overview of the relaunched US City Open Data Census.

AGENDA:

5 mins - Introductions (Burt & Joel)

30 mins - Data.gov (Philip Ashlock & Hyon Kim) >slide 7, >recording 7m45s

10 mins - Open Data Day activities (OKN US & Alex Dodds@Sunlight Open Cities)

13 mins - Q & A >slide 41, >recording 50m37s

2 mins - wrap-up. Save the date for next monthly webinar.

Was the content informative?

• Yes
  • No
  • So-so

0 voters

How would you rate the webinar on a scale of 1 to 10?

0 voters

Do you like how we try to facilitate the conversation here on discuss.okfn.org before & after the webinar - by announcing the event here; posting the slide/recording here; creating polls and using the forum features of discourse?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

Looking forward to this!

1 Like

random whine: add to google calendar wants to manage my calendar.
no thanks odd service.

It is kinda weird when I saw that message from GotoWebinar. They could have very well just used ical (RFC-5545), which is an open standard…

i think they did?
i add things to google calendar and whatever apple’s calendar is called.
its annoying but then i have it in multiple places, on/offline.
i say i think, because i just downloaded .ics and then clicked and it went to my apple calendar.

nothing to get upset about, but always eye opening when doing openness related events/stuff/things and not using open infrastructure.
he said from chrome on a macbook. irony is not lost on me.

2 Likes