Fire data sources?

I’m new to the OKI community and am interested in public safety data (beyond crime data). Has there been any efforts (I wasn’t able to find any in my research) to gather fire and/or EMS (pre-hospital care) data across the cities represented in the data census? Thanks!

Not that I am aware of. You can have a look at this - http://www.globalfiredata.org/

A New Zealand company - Thundermaps - has used fire incident information from the New Zealand Fire Service (public service fire fighters) for an incident reporting service. Their CEO comments on limitations and frustrations wth the information here
Thundermaps on NZ Fire Service Data

Thundermaps are working on a range of safety apps that could use public safety data too
Thundermaps

Cheers, Kay

1 Like

Thanks Mor and Kay, These are excellent resources that I/we weren’t aware of.
Cheer, Matt

I am not so sure on what type of data you are looking for. But having said about the public safety and fire safety matters, I am just very much interested in the field and so glad that nowadays many online companies available providing industrial safety products such as fire safety equipment and it is actually very good that one can purchase the quality products from quality websites online for the emergency conditions