New Member Introductions

Greetings All~
I’m Justin Townsend. By day I work as a Systems Admin/Project Manager for a Hydraulics repair/machine shop. In my spare spare time I continue research I started in college in 2006 involving: moving away from internal combustion as a source of transport, species development socially and personally with a weather eye to ethos and principles, the renewing of craft/trade skills in society so that we can shape a merit-based society that has a more reasonable chance of propelling our species towards interstellar exploration, among several other hobbies and past times. I genuinely believe we are at a point in time when we can, and should, make serious choices that will benefit our species overall - not any political, religious, or monetary agenda; as, in fact, those things tend to diminish us as people frankly. I want a world all of our great great grandchildren love, cherish, and call home but I want it to be a place to start out from and reach out into Laniakea more. There is so much we do not know about our own planet yet, but so very much more out there that calls to us.

I look forward to sharing my thoughts for all of this and learning others’ points of view, thank you very much for being here and letting me speak as well!

JT

2 Likes

Hey,

My name Stephany Dionysio and I am a brazilian lead technology architect in a philantropic company. Also I am getting a PhD in computer science applied to smart cities.
I am very interested in all aspects of technology and society and I am glad that I found open knowledge forum :slight_smile:
For those who wants to connect, here is my linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/szdionysio/

Greetings

1 Like

Hi!

Today’s my first day at my shiny new full-time developer role at Open Knowledge Belgium.
Looking forward to meeting and getting to know more of you in the near future :).

Want to have a chat :eyes:? michiel@openknowledge.be

Happy hacking :wave:
Michiel

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Anna Bonney and I work as a piano teacher and College of Southern Maryland student. I am not quite decided on a major yet, but I’m heading towards becoming a tutor. I’m here to find out about new ideas and learn to think like and understand other people.

Hi my name is sam,
I feels very glad after reading this.

Hello Banana2044,
My name is samjoseph and I am also a music teacher. I want to give you this advice that understand yourself and you will automatically start to understand other.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice. :slight_smile: I do think that there is a lot about myself I don’t understand or even know yet, so I’m hoping this year I find out.

Hello all! I am the new Product Manager for Frictionless Data for Reproducible Research at OKI (see more here: https://blog.okfn.org/2018/07/12/sloan-foundation-funds-frictionless-data-for-reproducible-research/). I’ll be working with the research community to run pilots using frictionless data tools & specs to make science data more open & shareable. Looking forward to chatting with this community! :wave:

Lilly

2 Likes

I am new member of this community. I am here to share whatever knowledge i got and learn from all the senior members. i am looking for Indian railway database, it will be really helpful, if anyone help me to get the data of train schedule and railway stations for my sites Get PNR Status and Online PNR Status

Hi everyone! I’m Emily, a part of the Democracy team at mySociety, working on open political data for democracies around the world. (mySociety have built EveryPolitician, with the goal of complete and comprehensive coverage of the current members of at least every national legislature in a consistent format, as well as to include sub-national, regional and local political data.)

My team works with local organisations to build tools and communities around creating and maintaining Popolo-standard political – e.g. political position holder & legislative – data on Wikidata. We are members of Code for All, and I work with Georgie, who joined the forum earlier this year!

1 Like

Hello my name is Glenn aka humanity. I have a plan and when I get throug this massive amount of knowledge I will post in the correct place. Sorry it took me so long to find technology.

Assalamualaikum and hello everyone. may god bless all of us. I am Natasha intership student from Malaysia. Here is my company website www.8cent.com.it is like other e-commerce website such as LAZADA,Shopee and etc. I hope we can share knowledge each other.

Hii, this is Rakesh kumar from India m working in tour and travel agency jingo holidays Pvt Limited Thanks to admin & nice to meet u all.

Hello all. I’m Matt, a geoscientist with a small scientific computing company based in Nova Scotia, Canada. I co-founded a geoscience community of practice, centred on an open Slack team, and I maintain some open source software projects. I’m interested in open content of all kinds, especially for reproducible science. Cheers!

Hi Matt! Welcome to the forum community! Have you looked into our Frictionless Data for Reproducible Research project at all? https://frictionlessdata.io/reproducible-research/ I’m the product owner and would be happy to discuss more if you are interested.

Bom dia, estou iniciando aqui à procura de apoio para um projeto que estou criando para o Parlamento Jovem, de fiscalização dos gastos públicos feito pelos secundaristas interessados, por tal imagino que o lugar deste projeto seja em um grêmio, mas gostaria de saber por vocês, como progredir, e onde posso achar mais apoio.

Hi, Roberto, welcome to the forum! You might want to ask about this in our Open Knowledge Brasil forum section. People there are knowledgeable about Brazil and speak Portuguese.

Olá, Roberto, seja bem vindo ao fórum! Você poderia perguntar sobre isso na seção do fórum da Open Knowledge Brasil. As pessoas lá têm conhecimentos sobre o Brasil e falam português.

Hi everyone!

I already hung around OKFN’s website for some times, but never joined the discussion here. My name is Arie Purwanto. I am a PhD student at the Delft University of Technology and also working for the Indonesian Supreme Audit Court. I was a programmer as well as on-demand Information Systems auditor in the latter organization for nearly 10 years.

I found that open budget data is necessary for the work of my institution, especially for scrutinizing budget accounts planned by local governments, since feedback from the public is critical to check whether the budget indeed accommodates public’s needs.

Before doing my PhD, I was also involved in Kawal Pemilu, an independent citizen initiative from Indonesia to digitize the opened election results data. Currently, I am studying citizen engagement with Open Government Data (OGD). I have authored four conference papers (one is a forthcoming) about OGD engagement from different aspects. You can check my profile in ResearchGate.

I look forward to inspiring discussions and exchange in this forum.

Best regards,

Arie Purwanto

1 Like

Hi, @ariepurwanto!

Welcome to the OK forum. TU Delft has done a lot of research on open data in recent years. I’m sure you also have interesting things to contribute and bring important findings from research to the discussions.

Also, you may have noticed, we do have a Policy and Research category in the forum, where you might want to discuss and share some results.

Hi @herrmann,

Thank you for your suggestion! I am starting to look around in the category. I hope I can share and discuss some findings of my research.

Best,