Developer @ Open Data Services Co-operative (UK Remote, Part/Full Time)

Hello!

Open Data Services is an established workers co-operative delivering sustainable support for world-changing open data projects, including the Open Contracting Data Standard, the 360Giving open philanthropy initiative, the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI), Open Referral and the Beneficial Ownership Data Standard.

We’re an interdisciplinary team, with developers, analysts and researchers working together to create tools and services that help organisations publish and use open data for social change.

Since we started in 2015 we’ve grown from 4 to 16 staff and co-operative members, providing family-friendly and flexible working. We’re creating a great place to work, whilst contributing to open data impacts across the world.

We are currently hiring for a developer!

Details at: Open Data Services

I’ve been here for a year and it’s a great place to work; as a workers co-op we genuinely care about each others work/life balance and there is the chance to get involved in all levels around the work and the co-op. Technically, we use a wide range of actual code stuff (see the ad) and there is the chance to get involved in and shape our code working practices.

If you have questions, please email the address in the job advert. If you prefer, you can also email me personally on james.baster at our domain.

We have a very open application process as we are aware not everyone has come through the traditional university and degree process, and we take diversity seriously (for example, we anonymise written applications to try and avoid bias.)

If you want to apply, see the job ad - closing 9am on 15th April 2019

Thanks,

James

ps. No Agencies please.

2 Likes

Oh how I wished I was in the UK! :fist:t2::fist:t2::fist:t2: to the cooperatives though!

1 Like