carpentries.org is looking for a Regional Coordinator - Southern Africa to support a growing community of volunteer instructors and member organizations, with an aim to increase our collective impact on researchers across the continent.
In this role,
- You will lead our community engagement efforts to develop and support The Carpentries community in Southern Africa, creating pathways for participation and increased communication.
- You will lead recruitment of new instructors and institutional members, drive The Carpentries’ awareness efforts in Southern Africa, mentor instructors, and coordinate workshops within the region.
- You may also assist with workshop coordination in other regions of the continent, with support from The Carpentries Workshops and Logistics Manager.
- You will build and strengthen local communities through engagement with user groups such as R-Ladies and Python Africa.
- You will join a global team of Regional Coordinators who manage workshop logistics, assist in communicating with hosts and instructors, respond to general workshop inquiries, and support growth of their regional communities.
- You will be supported by The Carpentries Workshop and Logistics Manager and will also work closely with me
More details about the role: https://carpentries.org/regional-coordinator-southern-africa/