License approval request: "Open Use of Data Agreement 1.0"

Having received no further comments I believe our discussion regarding O-UDA-1.0 is complete. Thanks to all who contributed.

The text of the agreement is posted here.

A case for approval has been provided at the start of this thread.

I call for AC members to vote to indicate whether they agree that the proposed O-UDA-1.0 conforms to the Open Definition (v2.1).

We will continue counting votes for up to two weeks from now or until we have enough +1s that it would be impossible for -1s to overturn.

+1 from me.

Thanks all,
Herb

+1 from me to approve the O-UDA-1.0.

As a reminder about our process, and at the risk of being pedantic, I request that those council members who have not yet voted specifically on conformancefor O-UDA-1.0 please do so soon. We are currently 9 days into our two week time period.

I have indicated +1, as has @ldodds. @mlinksva will be abstaining.

I would like to hear from @luis, @wolftune, @rufuspollock, @petersuber, Peter Murray-Rust, @Baden_Appleyard and any other council members that see this. Even if you feel you’ve indicated your support, to avoid any ambiguity, I would appreciate another +1 to formally confirm your support.

Thank you!

+1 from me (O-UDA-1.0).

Sorry for the delay. For some reason I missed the earlier messages in this thread.

+1 from me (O-UDA-1.0).

More than two weeks have passed on this conformance vote. More than 3 advisory council members voted with their approval and there were no expressions of dissent, so the O-UDA-1.0 is now approved.

We can now add this license to the approved list.

I will initiate a draft letter to Microsoft letting them know that the license has been approved.

Many thanks to @mlinksva for bringing this to the Open Definition Advisory Council and to all those who helped with the discussion and voting.

Herb Lainchbury
Acting Chair, Open Definition Advisory Council

Thanks for moving this forward Herb.

What’s the process for updating the list of licences at: https://opendefinition.org/licenses/ ?

Cheers,

L.

Thanks @herb and all!

@ldodds here’s a draft for updating the list of licenses Add O-UDA-1.0 by mlinksva · Pull Request #200 · okfn/opendefinition · GitHub

I’ll merge it next week if no other feedback and nobody else does before.

Hello there!

Could you please create the following organization?

Title: “Databio INCIVA”
slug: databio
username: databioinciva

Please, please, please