Open call: become a Frictionless Data Reproducible Research Fellow

Hello,

Open Knowledge International, through the Frictionless Data for Reproducible Research project, is now accepting applications for the Frictionless Data Fellows Program.

Fellows will learn about Frictionless Data, including how to use Frictionless tools in their domains to improve reproducible research workflows, and how to advocate for open science. Working closely with the Frictionless Data team, Fellows will lead training workshops at conferences, host events at universities and in labs, and write blogs and other communications content. In addition to mentorship, we are providing Fellows with stipends of $5,000 to support their work and time during the nine-month long Fellowship. We welcome applications until 30th July 2019, with the Fellowship starting in the fall. We value diversity and encourage applicants from communities that are under-represented in science and technology, people of colour, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTI+ individuals.

Read more about the fellowship, apply as soon as you can and share widely in your networks: Open call: become a Frictionless Data Reproducible Research Fellow – Open Knowledge Foundation blog

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on Open Knowledge International’s Discuss, on our Gitter chat, or email the team at frictionlessdata@okfn.org.

Have a great rest of the day!

Best, Lieke Ploeger

1 Like

Thanks for the post Lieke! If anyone has any questions about the Fellows Programme, please ask them here and I will get back to you :smiley:

@lwinfree can you tell the expected timeline about the Fellow programme?I have applied to it but haven’t received any confirmation mail.Also do any of the people who are contributors to this forum or are involved in it are preferred there because I am not too much active here but openscience communities elsewhere.
Thanks

Hello @ritwikagarwal! Yes we have received your application - thank you for submitting! We will be reviewing the applications after the deadline in late July. We do not give preference for people that frequently post in this forum. Please let me know if you have other questions, and have a nice weekend!

Is there a word limit for the questions?

Why is improving research reproducibility important to you? *

Why should we choose you as a Fellow? *

Hi @krcarriere! Thanks for your interest! No, there is no word limit, but feel free to be brief. I would recommend aiming for 250 words (or less) per question.

Hello! I’ve submitted an application but haven’t heard back yet - am wondering if the decisions have been made.
Thanks!

Hi @roshni-b! We are currently reviewing applications and will email everyone this week with the results. I emailed the address you used on our application (begins with contact@…) with the same message on July 31. Let me know if you did not receive that email (lilly.winfree@okfn.org) so I can make sure you receive the next update email.
Thanks!