Welcome Oscar Montiel, our new International Community Coordinator!

Hello all,

As some of you saw on twitter, we have a new Community Coordinator! Oscar Montiel, also known as @tlacoyodefrijol, is joining me on the community team and will be at your service from today onwards.

Oscar is based in Mexico City, which means that he is the most western staff member in OKI based at timezone GMT -5.

Oscar has a lot of experience working with open data communities. He worked for Laboratorio para Ciudad in Mexico City as a fellowship director and he also led the community at the local civic tech or Codeando Mexico. In addition, Oscar helped us with the Mexican open data index, so he is familiar with some of the Open Knowledge tools.

In his spare time, Oscar runs Con Gatos and ride his bicycle.

Feel free here to write to Oscar at oscar.montiel@okfn.org or just ping him in the forum.

Welcome Oscar!

7 Likes

Hello everyone! And thanks Mor for the introduction.

As Mor mentioned, I have some experience with communities and development of products based on open data. I am happy to get to know all the fantastic community in OK.

I think this will be a great ride!

3 Likes

Welcome Oscar :slight_smile: Glad to have more community driven profiles on board. Looking forward to working with you!

Welcome Oscar :slight_smile: – and Con Gatos is super cool :wink:

Bienvenido Oscar!! So happy you are joining us!!! :relaxed:

Welcome Oscar! I look forward working with you

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing from you