Let’s say a transport organisation is openly publishing GTFS, GTFS-RT and bulk downloads for GTFS-RT.
Is that “job done” or is there more open public transport data that could be useful for commuters?
What’s next for open transport data? What other datasets would be useful?
- location of ticket retailers
- fares and fines
- patronage / real-time occupancy
- complements, complaints and customer satisfaction
- performance data e.g. raw data to produce these types of reports.
- service alerts and planned changes.
- park and ride availability
- accessibility information e.g. pram / wheelchair access, on-board visual or aural announcements.
- station facilities e.g. toilets, showers, bike storage, lockers, etc.