To create a dataset you need to be a member of an “organization” on the DataHub.
We can create an organization for you very quickly. Just do the following:
- Choose the title and "slug" (for the url) for your organization (e.g. “My New Organization” and “my-new-organization”).
- Sign up for an account on datahub.io if you have not yet done so, and note your DataHub username so we can make you admin of that organization. (You need a datahub.io account. A discuss.okfn.org account won't work for this.)
- Open a new ticket here and provide that information (title, slug, username). We suggest you title the ticket “New Organization Request” so we can act on it quickly.
Once, you've created your new organization, consider creating a new dataset by following these guides:
At present on the DataHub:
- You need an organization to create a dataset
- To create an organization requires “system administrator” privileges
This means if you are not a member of an organization (and are not a sysadmin) you can’t create datasets but need to first request that an organization is created for you.
This current, rather restrictive, setup came about as a temporary measure to address heavy spamming. More details are in this blog post: http://blog.datahub.io/2013/10/11/organization-migration-complete/