How do you ensure that the systems and data that you purchase, support the publishing of open data?
What requirements do you add to your tender requests and how do you evaluate them?
- the system must provide the ability to export data as a comma separated value file
- it is desirable that the system provide an API to allow the public read-only access to the data
- score higher for additional security controls for higher levels of access
- score higher for consumption limit options or other controls to help guarantee service levels
- reference data provided with the system must be provided with the right to publish it as open data
A small set of resources to help start the conversation:
- Open Data in Public Procurement from the ODI
- The ODI also suggest that Open Data Certificates can provide a “short-hand” set of requirements for acquiring data. E.g. the data provided must be capable of being awarded a certain level of Open Data Certificate.
- Contractor provisions from the Sunlight Foundation
Can you add to the list of resources or requirements?