Entry for locations / Colombia

@codrina In order to understand the process of the evaluation, I would like to know if I’m doing it right.
I replied with more information about this datasets, and Im waiting for a replying.

@Juan_Felipe_Devia_Ro Thank you for inquiring. The .csv file available on the portal has string indications for the geographical limits of the polygons that define each postal code. To reference that information in order to obtain a GIS data set with geographical limits, post codes and address is not a trivial process at all. By the contrary, it can be extremely time consuming and furthermore, due to processing errors one might not even get the exact same file that I can see on the portal. If along side the available .csv, there would be a shapefile or whatever GIS data format, it would be a different thing.
Regarding the license, thank you very much for pointing that out! I agree. Please let me know if there is a possibility of obtaining the data as is on the portal, with the geometries of the postal codes. Cheers!

@codrina thank you for your answer.
In this link http://visor.codigopostal.gov.co/472/visor/ now its available the shape format. Click on “display map details” and click on “Códigos postales nacionales en formato shape (zip)” and open that file and there is the shape format.

@codrina can you help me to let me know if we already accomplished all the requirement

Hello @codrina , could you please help me checking the license and .Shape format publish in http://visor.codigopostal.gov.co/472/visor/ (Display Map Details) and send me the feedback. Thank you!

Dear @Juan_Felipe_Devia_Ro,

thank you very much for your feedback. As part of the public dialogue we will follow up on your input, and will get back to you in the coming days.

Danny

Hello!!!

This Dataset has not yet been evaluated, considering that it was reported before March 20th

Thank you!

@dannylammerhirt

Hi guys,
Thank you for the input!
I am afraid though that the downloadable data is not fully compliant, because the shapefile does not contain reference to addresses.

Cheers,
Codrina

1 Like

@codrina in Colombia the system of measurement is different from other countries, in the shapefile the address is grouped in the boundary fields. Therefore, we consider that we comply with all requirements, as well as the open license and open format.

The postal code viewer offers as aggregated value to know the postal code through a specific address.

Thanks

Dear @Juan_Felipe_Devia_Ro,
Thank you for pointing that out. I have identified the type of situation that you describe in the diary review.

I understand that postal codes in Colombia are assigned to polygons that, naturally, cover the territory and thus, are overlaid on top of also streets, streets numbers, houses. However, as I summaries in the diary:

This is the dataset the Global Open Data Index must look for: a georeferenced geometry (in an official coordinate reference system) with main attributes - postcode and address information - street names, house numbers, housing complex. Because a postcode is most often assigned to a region within a city, this geometry should be polygonal.

I can see that in the dataset you have 2 attributes: “codigo” and “codigo_pos”. If there would have been a dataset that made a connection between “codigo” and addresses (street name, number/ house number etc) at national level it would have been different.

Cheers,
Codrina

1 Like

thank you very much for your response

1 Like

It is my pleasure :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Codrina

Hello Camilo,

Your proposed change regarding the license has been verified and accepted [note however that it is very difficult to find]. Thanks for engaging in the process.

Hi @Camilo_Nino,

To avoid confusion, we acknowledge the license, but unfortunately cannot accept the dataset for submission because it does not display addresses in a way as Codrina outlined.

Best
Danny

Servicio Geológico Colombiano presente en este foro, compartimos datos abiertos también y tenemos expectativas de mejora frente al tema.