Entry for National Statistics / Poland

This is a discussion about the submission for National Statistics / Poland.

I would argue that answer to B5. Is the dataset downloadable at once? should be “No”.

It’s possible to do an export of the current view in xlsx/csv, but export URL doesn’t have any stable URL. I wouldn’t count it as downloadable at once.

I would argue that the answer to B7. Is the data openly licensed/in public domain? should be “No”. There is no mention of the license on the website. B7.1 is linking the bill on public statistics (Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej / Prawo), but there is no mention of specific article that deals with data reuse.

Hi Krzysztof, I am the author of this submission. Thanks for your good remarks. I’ve checked the questionable points again.
B5. Is the dataset downloadable at once?
Yes, you’re right, I was misled by the beginning of the link and I classified is as “stable URL”. Is it possible to change the answer?
B7. Is the data openly licensed/in public domain?
I’ve chosen the answer yes because the dataset belongs to “public domain”. I mixed specific articles of two acts: the Official Statistics Act and the Re-Use of Public Sector Information Act.
Z Ustawy o statystyce publicznej:
Art. 14. 1. Wyniki obliczeń, opracowań i analiz dokonanych na podstawie zebranych w badaniach statystycznych statystyki publicznej danych statystycznych, zwane dalej „wynikowymi informacjami statystycznymi”, są powszechnie dostępne.
2. Statystyka publiczna zapewnia równoprawny, równorzędny i równoczesny dostęp do wynikowych informacji statystycznych, a w szczególności do podstawowych wielkości i wskaźników.
http://bip.stat.gov.pl/prawo/akty-prawne/ustawa-o-statystyce-publicznej/
Z ustawy o ponownym wykorzystywaniu informacji sektora publicznego:
Art. 5. Każdemu przysługuje prawo do ponownego wykorzystywania informacji sektora publicznego:

1. udostępnionych w systemie teleinformatycznym, a w szczególności na stronie podmiotowej Biuletynu Informacji Publicznej podmiotu zobowiązanego lub w centralnym repozytorium informacji publicznej
    http://isap.sejm.gov.pl/DetailsServlet?id=WDU20160000352

There is also an information on Central Statistical Office website: Statistics Poland / Questions and orders / How to order data
“All data collected during surveys conducted in accordance with programme of statistical surveys of official statistics are official public statistics data, regardless of conducting body.”
Have I convinced you?
Best regards,
Anna Ścisłowska