GODI launch and public dialogue phase

HI Boyan,

Thank you! for your comments. Here are my answers as the project manager:

1. The index score is still not set in stone. We learned from past GODIs, and decided to publish this edition with the public dialogue phase and adjust the scoring if needed. Last year when we tried to get government comments on submissions, we got not many, and this year we hope to get more comments not only from government but data users too. We hope that by doing it as we launch, we can create a product that can help to publish useful data.
    So basically, the only change we change in this process is that we moved the dialogue phase from before the launch to the launch and made GODI more dynamic.

2. We also made a decision to be more strict with our data definitions. This is done because we are trying to promote the publication of useful data, that the community wants to see. This is why you will sometimes see 0%, simply because one of a key characteristic is missing, which makes the data unusable. We understand that this might be “all or nothing”, but we hope that this will help to create feedback that is needed for data publishers about the data that needs to be open. (See this nice example thread here: Public spending in Norway described as "0 % open"!?!?)

3. I did instruct @dannylammerhirt to check the datasets you talked about and put them in the consultation again. So let’s see. I don’t think the review was bad, but I do agree that language does play a big role here and we will need to think how to make this better.

4. Lastly, this dialogue phase is an experiment, so let’s see if this work better or worse in making GODI a better tool for the community. Can you join us in the experiment and help us test if it works better? :slight_smile: