Installing CKAN on Debian 9.5 (Stretch) from source ; some issues (for a begginer)

Hi,

I’m trying to install CKAN from source on a Debian 9.5 server with that doc : Doc 2.90a.

Unfortunately i’m not familiar with python and have some issues with Step 7 : Creating DB

“paster db init -c /etc/ckan/default/development.ini” produce some errors :disappointed_relieved: :

sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (psycopg2.ProgrammingError) ERROR: package_extra_revision_id_seq » sequence does not exist [SQL: ‘drop sequence package_extra_revision_id_seq;’]

If someone has an advice of any kind (website, other forum etc.) it would be greatly appreciated. May be i use the wrong document as there are some differences between the doc and the debian configuration (jetty9, etc.).

Thanks !

Hi.

Unless you are trying to help with the development of CKAN by finding bugs, etc., I would suggest you try the latest stable version, i.e., 2.8, instead of the development version 2.9a.

As for other forums for asking, there is:

The community page on CKAN’s website also points to other useful resources, such as the CKAN tag on Stack Overflow and the #ckan channel on IRC.

Finally, for the error you’re getting, did you set up the sqlalchemy.url option on the development.ini file? Is the database set up as described in the Setup a PostgreSQL database step?

Hi.

Thanks a lot for your reply !

I will try 2.8.

Yes sqlalchemy.url seems ok on development.ini file and the DB was set up accordingly with the doc (all steps are OK before n°7).