OKI providing tools to enhance OK-chapters local efforts

Hi Mor,
((sorry, I created in separated topic because see my post as “pollution” at Network Guidelines… Confirm if you preffer to delete here, I can copy/paste to there, no problem!)).

I edited and removed the Wiki details in the post text, thanks the suggestion, please check if it is better.

The interesting thing in the topic-3 (now numerated) is not the Wiki, is to show that the chapters not need an ERP platform, at least in their early years or early maturing stages. They need solid and active community, so, on my opinion, the first years need a solid transition from informal to formal.

Organization grows in responsibility and support, when its core members (and core volunteers) participate with formal registration of activities, plans and decisions/agreements. When the organization opts to a democratic governance, and its community grows, it is difficult to preserve formality… So flexible tools (simple as Wiki) and reference-models (topic 4) are chapters needs.

PS: about Wiki problems, the main one, that cause the community abandon in Wikipedia and many others (I think OKFN-Wiki also), was the ugly editor, and solved in recent years by adoption of usual friendly VisualEditor. The rescue of lost images, and update to VisualEditor are perhaps the main and sufficient technical issue to maintain wiki.okfn.org.