I decided to create a dedicated thread for this project so that it allows us to get our stuff more organized.
I have updated the sheet according to what I believe that looks better/is more organized. However, I’d like to know your opinion. The first tab, named after “Bank Timeline” is the current structure. Personally, I find that confusing since there a lot of banks in that list. So I divided the list according to the year the first suspicion was ever made.
- Pros: Easier to update for new users (yes, I’ve found some contributions that were misplaced);
- Cons: Eventually this list will be completely full and it will be really hard to split again the data. However, we can easily create a “part 2” type of document
Please let me know which one do you think it’s better.
As said in another thread, I am aiming to get more active people involved in this group and I find this the perfect project to get some things done. It has all of its basis already done and there is also some touchable results. Therefore, there are some tasks I could really use help to get things done:
- Active people to frequently update the list;
- People with enough knowledge (or interested in learning) to analyse what could have been done to avoid the failure - based on laws and management procedures. To accomplish this task, I can help organizing a couple of datasets to be used from Datahub and CKAN, although I think the latest doesn’t contemplate any information on that. On the other hand, being graduated in Bank & Insurance Management, gives me extra (needed) skills to read and interpret this data. Oh, and I’m also aware about where things are usually placed.
- Search and research about what is needed to get those analysis posted in OE’s blog.
PS: If anyone from any other work group think they have something useful to add to this project, please feel free to let us know!