Entry for Administrative Boundaries / Bangladesh

This is a discussion about the submission for Administrative Boundaries / Bangladesh.

Review discussion here! Let me know if any other info/tip.

@nhasive,

I had a look through your submission; would like some clarification on the Government body producing the Administrative Boundaries dataset and also the steps you took to obtain the data (as instructions in B2.4 is lacking).

Have you considered if the following two departments are a better fit:

1. The best one I could fins is under the site GeoDash (Explore Layers - GeoDASH); which Gov department is this under?

2. Local Government Engineering Dept (স্থানীয় সরকার প্রকৌশল অধিদপ্তর-গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ সরকার)

I could not find the Open Data Portal for Bangladesh; I thought it was supposed to rollout last year already :slight_smile: ?

Thanks! Let me know if any questions.

@nhasive Any feedback?

Hi @leowmjw,
Sorry to late reply. Yap, you considered this web site.

1. I check the GeoDash website. This site developed by Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) under Information & Communication Technology Department, Ministry of Post, Telecommunications & Information Technology, Government of Bangladesh.
  2. This site developed by Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Cooperatives, Government of Bangladesh

Our Government now work on Open Data Portal. We hope OD portal in Bangladesh start this year.