Join the Frictionless Hackathon!

Hi everyone! We are going to have a hackathon on 7-8 October and you are invited!

Register your project here: https://forms.gle/brYDcP2Fugn74fgN6

What’s a hackathon?

You’ll work within a group of other Frictionless users to create new project prototypes based on existing Frictionless open source code. For example, use the new Livemark tool to create websites that display data-driven storytelling, or use Frictionless React Components to add data validation to your application.

Who should participate in this hackathon?

We’re looking for contributions of all sizes and skill levels! Some skills that you would bring include: coding in Python (other languages supported too!), writing documentation, project management, having ideas, design skills, and general enthusiasm! You’ll be in a team, so you can learn from each other and help each other. You don’t have to be familiar with Frictionless yet - you can learn that during the event.

Why should I participate?

First of all, it will be fun! You’ll meet other Frictionless users and learn something new. This is also an opportunity where you’ll have the uninterrupted support of the Frictionless core team to help you realize your prototype. Also, there will be prizes (details to be announced later).

When will the hackathon occur?

The hackathon will be virtual and occur on 7-8 October. The event will start in the morning European time on 7 October, and will end in the evening European time on 8 October. This will allow people from around the world to participate during a time that works for them. We will be using Github and Zoom to coordinate and work virtually. Teams will be able to form before the event occurs so you can start coordinating early and hit the ground running.

Sign me up!

Propose your project idea using this form: https://forms.gle/brYDcP2Fugn74fgN6. Registration for attendees will open in September. The event will be free, and we will also have some scholarships for attendees that would otherwise be unable to attend. More details coming soon!

I have questions…

Please email us at frictionlessdata@okfn.org if you have questions or would like to support the Hackathon.

(text from Frictionless Hackathon | Frictionless Data)

2 Likes