You may have seen if you participated in the last OK Network call the big open data news from Hong Kong is the launch of the new Hong Kong Open Data Index from the Internet Society Hong Kong. You can read more about it in our blog:
And see the index here:
Following up from the launch last month, on Tuesday 23 June 2020 at 19:00 - 21:00 HKT/11:00 - 13:00 UTC there is a another online event to facilitate discussion about open data and its policy in Hong Kong. As part of the quarterly Hong Kong Internet Governance Forum, the Internet Society Hong Kong Chapter (ISOC HK) and the Office of the Hon Charles Mok, Legislative Councillor (IT), are presenting a roundtable: “Open Data - The First Step Towards A Real “Smart City”?”.
- Mr. Donald Mak, Assistant Government Chief Information Officer, Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO);
- Mr. Benjamin Zhou, Researcher of the “Hong Kong Open Data Index”;
- Mr. Ho Wa Wong, Convenor of g0vhk;
- Mr. Omar Kan, Former online media reporter;
- Hon. Charles Mok, Legislative Councillor (IT).
Feel free to join (will mostly be in Cantonese), and registration details are here: