Open Knowledge Australia has a social media policy. It covers important topics like:
- Following our Code of Conduct (be awesome)
- Complying with our Anti-harassment policy (play nice or go home)
- Reuse and attribution of social media
- Not distracting participants during events
But it doesn’t provide guidance on when to create new social media accounts. For example:
- The Australian Open Data Index project has created @AuOpenDataIndex on Twitter
- The HeathHack working group has re-badged the official @OKFNau Twitter account for this weekend’s event.
Do we need to formalise:
- when to create or reuse social media accounts?
- how the accounts are managed e.g. who has a record of user-ids and passwords?
- and how does all this fit into an over-arching communication strategy?