I’d like to check our planned approach to defining a data package and using that definition as the one source of all definitions from which schemas and other resources can be generated.
We’d like to:
- Take an existing tabular data package ( the Open Referral tabular data package that links services, providers, locations etc)
- Define proposed extensions (annotated as such)
- Define constraints to get the “application profile” which says how the package will be used in our situation (which fields to use, which vocabularies are used to populate them, …)
- Auto-generate from that one or more entity relation diagrams with colour coding to distinguish the original from extensions and constraints
- Autogetenate JSON schemas which define responses to web methods querying the data (eg getService)
- Autogenerate CSV schemas for tabular (partial) views of the data (eg a list of services)
Is this logic sound? Are there existing tools that do any of this?
I only know of jts_ERD tool for a small part of it.