About the Open Economics category

The Open Economics category is used by everyone involved in the work group and those who wish to get involved. In here, we shall discuss everything in regard to the work group, namely new projects, our current projects and future developments like conferences and seminars.

This group differs from Open Spending since we focus our study to all possible applications of Economics, and not only government data. However, the coordination between groups (and not only Open Spending) is crucial to a better, more effective and precise work.

1 Like

I’d love to see someone who has been here for a long time that could specify a plan for this section.
I am new around though, so I am not sure where can I help. However, I do feel interested in some projects. Unfortunately, the mailing list archive show that this group is not very active lately.

I will post soon some suggestions for the group if there is anyone interested in keeping this group alive. There are some projects that I think they would be great to be analyzed under OKFN’s concept.

@gsilvapt you are right that things have been quiet with the Economics working group but it is exactly with input like yours that we could re-invigorate things. I’ll post in your thread there you have suggestions.

PS: one tiny point - we now use “Open Knowledge” (or just “OK”) rather than the OKFN acronym (which isn’t very meaningful and is easily mis-spelt) :smile:

I will keep that mind too as I keep on using OKFN.

Hi again!

I’m sure we can all contribute to re-active the economics group. It’s sad to see that it got dormant lately :frowning:

Well, I’ll keep the acronym tip in mind :smiley:

Some suggestions to update on the first post:

The Open Economics category is used by everyone involved in the work group and those who wish to get involved. In here, we shall discuss everything in regard to the work group, namely new projects, our current projects and future developments like conferences and seminars.
This group differs from Open Spending since we focus our study to all possible applications of Economics, and not only government data. However, the coordination between groups (and not only Open Spending) is crucial to a better, more effective and precise work.

I updated the first post.

Thank you :thumbsup: