Is there something wrong?

I sincerely apologize for creating this thread, but I really feel the need to do it.

First of all, it is better to introduce myself. My name is Gustavo, I’m a 23 year old Finance/Economist guy from Portugal, that has started to contribute to OK 1-year ago. I had my in-and-out due to lack of objectivity with the Open Economics group. Eventually I got myself back on track. There is a plan, there are ideas, there is no support.

I reached out to the allegedly community managers, to which some emails do not work and I got no response (2-3 weeks ago). I posted something important on the Open Economics forums and, apparently, nobody has read what is there exposed, and that is key.

I researched a bit the forums, and see most of the posts here go back until December, with a few exceptions in January/February.
With this scenario, I feel forced to ask: Is there something wrong with OK? Are the open initiatives “dying”, in their way?

Thank you for your time.

Hi @gsilvapt!

Sorry for your experience so far. For the last month we have been working on the community roadmap, and we were not able to answer any new requests from the network, I should have answered your email (that was forward to me), but I decided to wait until we will have a concrete plan about working groups. You are right, some working groups are non active, and we need to think of a sustainable way to keep them alive and kicking. We try to come up with ideas in the roadmap, and I think we are going on the right path.

You can find more about the network plans in the OK blog here - Open Knowledge Network and Community Updates - first steps of 2016! - #3 by pietercolpaert

In addition, we will hopefully publish our new Network guidelines on Thursday for comments, so I think it will be great if you can comment there as well.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi @Mor,

Thanks for your reply. There is no need to apologize for anything. I am a bit impatient at some times, and started wondering if something happened to OK that would put the working groups at risk. On the other hand, I noticed that some other projects/groups were being developed and/or helped.

Anyway, I will wait for further notices about that planning and will have a look to what you guys post on the forums.

Thanks for the update! :+1:

@Mor, Hello! I hope this message finds you well!

I apologize in advance for nagging again with this topic (I’m that persistent :sweat_smile:) but I was wondering where I can read the updates you mentioned in post #2? I couldn’t find anything in OK’s blog nor here, on the forums.

Thank you!

Yes, my bad, I didn’t publish it yet, still working on it. I hope I can get it out on Tuesday.

No need to apologise, at all! I just wondered it could be published somewhere else. I will wait until further notice then!