Can I reuse the icons of wheredoesmymoneygo.org?

Hi all,

I am currently making a D3 visualization that shows how the budget of my city (Turin) has been allocated over the years. At the moment, I am mostly doing this as an exercise to practice my coding skills. However, there is a chance that this may be used as part of a campaign to promote open government data.
I was wondering if I could reuse the WDMMG’s icons representing government functions. Of course I would credit both WDMMG and Open Spending.
I found this page, but it only has the OS’s logo. Would it be possible to have the icons as svg paths? (though .png files would do as well)

2 Likes

Hi Federico,

That sounds great! @CecileLG can tell you the details about the logo’s etc.

I just wanted to flag this to Open Spending Italy. @steko have you already been in touch?

Best wishes, Anna

1 Like

Hi Federico, your project sounds really cool !
Of course you can re-use the WDMMG’s icons that you can find here, and to give you a sneak peek, we are currently about to release a new version of OpenSpending where we’ll provide an improved version of uploading a budget data file and get multiple visualisations.

We’ll be very happy of you could contribute as it’s a project made by and for the community, so if you have 5 min some day, we would be please to take you through it. In which format do you have your Budget Data file right now? ( CSV / JSON ? )

Thanks a lot for your interest!
And many thanks @Anna_Alberts for pinging :wink:

Cecile

2 Likes

I’ve fallen rather out of contact unfortunately, perhaps @maurizio_napolitano @napo can chime in?

Thanks a lot!! :smile:
I will happily share my work with the community once it’s done. As for the data, for now I’m using what I found online (via Openblanci). I’m hoping to get some more information directly from the municipality, although I do not want to get my hopes too high :stuck_out_tongue:
Eitherway, the idea is to leave the json and csv files available on the page :wink:

1 Like

Wonderful @Federico ! Hey look, can I talk to you about this in more details, I’m really interested in the methodology you’ve used ! Can you contact me by email?