Data Packages in Science Hangout: 19 January at 5pm GMT

Building off the discussion here, I would like to have this thread as a base for discussion for our first data packages in science hangout. First off, let’s pick a new day: 19 January at 5pm GMT

About Data Packages

Data Packages are a lightweight “packaging” format for data. They provide a basis for convenient delivery, installation and management of datasets.

Data Packages provide functionality similar to “packaging” in software and “containerization” in shipping: a simple wrapper and basic structure for transportation of data that significantly reduces the friction in data sharing and integration, supports automation and does this without imposing major changes on the underlying data being packaged.

Under development for several years, the specification is now fairly mature and has a growing set of tooling around it. There is a particular focus on tabular data but any kind of data can be “packaged”. Because of its lightweight and simple nature, it is easy to adopt both for data publishers, data users and data tool makers.

Original thread

• 19 January @ 5pm GMT
  • 20 January @ 5pm GMT
  • 21 January @ 5pm GMT
0 voters
1 Like

@sckott @abrennr @rgradeck @pdehaye @rufuspollock still interested/available to join for this rescheduled call?

yeah, i can make any of those times.

Do we have a time/date set? Not seeing what was chosen.

19 January at 5pm GMT

Thanks -i’m available.

I’ll be there :smile:

The time is good for me, too. Thanks.

Most likely it will be possible for me to attend.

Hello all,

The call should be starting in less than an hour.

@pdehaye @abrennr @pdehaye @rgradeck @sckott @rufuspollock @mfenner

Hope to see you there :smile:

Cheers,

Dan