Entry for Weather Forecast / Japan

Hi @nyampire,

Thank you so much for finding and elaborating on the data. I see that daily temperature averages are included in the dataset and so is precipitation amount. The only data that is missing are wind speed and direction.

Firstly, we need to acknowledge that this is an excellent dataset. It even provides reliability values for rain probability which is something I came across rarely during review. We definitely should acknowledge this in the entry for Japan’s weather forecasts and I will add a note in the entry

Yet, for weather forecasts we treated each country under one standard which required to publish wind data too. We would refer to the most representative dataset, which sometimes made us pick public data that is not necessarily open, but is representative for our key dataset (e.g. a map of wind barbs).

You can find more explanations about our approach in this topic. Please also feel invited to discuss our current approach with us in this topic and another topic.

Given the feedback from the community and the issue that 0% scores are hiding a lot of details, we tend to implement a weighted score.

Do you know if wind data is published in any way for more than the current day? Such as on a webmap of Japan’s Meteorological Organisation? Then we could consider this data for assessment.