How can governments become more open and transparent, while simultaneously dealing with various challenges, such as data sensitivity? How can open government data be made available to improve public policy making? Which technologies are available to make governments more open and use open government data?
Course commences on 14 March 2016, runs for 5 weeks and involves 7 hours/week.
What you’ll learn:
- Basic concepts related to Open Government and Open Government Data
- How to analyze and discuss benefits, barriers and potential negative effects of a particular open government case and an open government data case
- How to analyze public values and best practices related to open government
- How to apply the open government principles in various situations
- How to understand potential negative and positive effects Open Government might bring to the workplace