One thing that has been planned for a long while is an open science calendar where anyone can easily add and modify events without bothering with long sign-up procedures. Some user stories for this are:
- I’m interested in open science and I want to find out if there is a local meetup happening near me and when/where it is.
- I’m interested in training courses to help me practice open science and I want to find out when various organisations are running them.
- I have a great open science project/tool that I’d like to present and I’d like to see all the upcoming conferences without having to look on every organisation’s website.
- I’m running an event and I want to advertise it to the rest of the open science community really easily.
- I’m attending an event and I want to advertise it to the rest of the open science community really easily.
- List and edit events with minimal sign-up requirments
- Easily import events from other popular sites.
Do people have an opinion on which of these options might work better? Also any thoughts on feasibility of encouraging people to use such a calendar would be encouraged. I hope that we could get at least a few larger organisation loading their events into it and things would grow from there…