Welcome to the Open Knowledge forum!

This is a general forum for the Open Knowledge community.

Please introduce yourself here!

Please be bold and jump in to create new topics or comment on existing ones.

4 Likes

Bug report - I just put up my first post but it wouldn’t let me submit it before I’d removed all the links. There was a message saying as a new user I was limited to 2 links but 2 or 1 links were rejected with the same error message.

2 Likes

How can I create new topics? A link on the invitation would guide newbies on discourse about how to apply the advice.

3 Likes

Hi,
There’s a button on main page and main directory pages (show by red arrow in picture), which enables you to create new Topic.

5 Likes

Thanks. In fact I have already created several post now. But this screenshot and advice could be uselful for future newbies on discuss, as I was then ;-).

6 Likes

Why can’t I see this button? Is the forum closed for new members?

1 Like

We received a lot of spam, so we changed the rules a little bit, you need to engage with existing conversations before being able to post, so Discourse knows you’re not a robot and allows you to create new topics.

8 Likes

Thank you. I am looking forward to learning from and contributing to the Forum!

2 Likes

Hi from me, this wasn’t obvious to me, neither. Could you include it in the header of this page, somewhere? I came from datahub .io and the experience was rather confusing…

3 Likes

Can I create new post?

2 Likes

Hello,

I just created a Forum account and wanted to start a new topic under Meta, regarding improvements to OKF’s website terms. However, it doesn’t appear I have enough privileges to do so.

Can anyone advise on how I can leave the feedback I’ve outlined?

Thanks,

Mark

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @MarkFern!

I believe that in any forum powered by Discourse you start with a Trust Level 0 when you sign up, and to start a new topic you need Trust Level 1. According to Discourse description of Trust Levels,

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Alternatively, an admin could manually upgrade your trust level. I’m not an admin, so I can’t do that.

The reason for trust levels is for reducing the amount of spam we get. But even with that we still get spam.

But please don’t give up. You might even have earned the ability to post a new topic already.

4 Likes

Thanks for the information. I want to participate discussions related to consulting companies

2 Likes

I came to read this. It depends on the discourse install. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello all,

I’m Karthik, a freelance visual journalist and a software developer, based in Stockholm. Cheers for doing such an important+amazing work. Glad to join you! Talk to you on Monday’s call.

Portfolio Twitter LinkedIn

3 Likes

Hi ALL!
I am Z. Blace, practitioner for open, free, participatory, emancipatory and sustainable tech+content+communities, sometimes also researcher, consultant and advocate. In the past 3 years most active as Wikimedian (User:Zblace) and curious over possible synergies and points of diversion across Open movement.I work from Bosnia&Herzegovina/Croatia, Southeast Europe region, but also Central, Western Europe and somewhat globally.
Where there any incentives to setup SEE based work or do projects?

2 Likes

Hi Friends,

I am new in this forum. I’m David. I’m a software engineer at Prowebsoftware. I am a fan of technology, innovation, and web development. I’m also interested in programming and entrepreneurship. I want to share my knowledge with others.

Regards
David

2 Likes

How many posts must we create before being able to create new threads?

Edit: Just one, good.

3 Likes

Can someone please help me on creating new posts here. I don’t see any option for writing new posts or placing my queries in this forum.

1 Like

Timemapper error report - upon attempting to login, I am immediately directed to an error screen. See the error below. Issue persists in both Firefox and Chrome.

Because Timemapper accounts link through twitter, and who knows what’s happening with the code there, I’m guessing that’s the issue. Is there any foreseeable resolution to this? Could we login through email or an OKF account?

Thanks so much!

error transcript:

Express
500 Error: Could not authenticate you.

at Strategy.parseErrorResponse (/app/node_modules/passport-twitter/lib/strategy.js:202:14)
at Strategy.OAuthStrategy._createOAuthError (/app/node_modules/passport-oauth1/lib/strategy.js:405:16)
at /app/node_modules/passport-oauth1/lib/strategy.js:252:41
at /app/node_modules/oauth/lib/oauth.js:543:17
at passBackControl (/app/node_modules/oauth/lib/oauth.js:397:13)
at IncomingMessage. (/app/node_modules/oauth/lib/oauth.js:409:9)
at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:538:35)
at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)
1 Like