Discuss.okfn.org moved to an Open Knowledge "sysadmin" server

The sysadmin team have moved discuss.okfn.org instance onto one of our main servers. It should be ready now and you’ll notice that it’s on HTTPS.

Nigel & Matt

Anyone got any comments?

I think this date is good with folks and from prior experience no problem with a bit of downtime (and there may not be any at all).

I also note we can pin this topic globally so more people see it - wdyt? (I can also make you an admin so you can do this).

If you could make me an admin that’d be great.

Hopefully there shouldn’t really be any downtime, it’s just doing some work behind the scenes and then flipping the DNS.

@matt I made you an admin yesterday when I posted - should have made that clearer :slight_smile:

Excellent, thanks for that @rufuspollock - topic now pinned.

Hello folks,

This migration has to be postponed for a week since we’ve discovered we need to do quite a bit more work to make this migration happen. The docker version on our docker server is a bit too old and we’ll be upgrading that today. Once we’re setup and have a new date, I’ll announce on this thread.

This topic is now a banner topic. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Hello folks,

We’re going to give it another shot on Wednesday, 8th of April.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Just a maybe stupid, but quite relevant question to me: How can I create a new topic here. As far as I can see, there is no “New topic” button as in other Discourse forums I know. Could it be related to user privileges e.g. something went wrong with my email authentication that I don’t get to see the button?

New Topic Button Missing

Yeah, I can’t seem to create a new topic either - just reply to existing ones.

And discuss.okfn.org just gives me a bunch of errors in Firefox. Are OKF people all on Chrome these days?

No Firefox errors here, but the same problem with a missing “new topic” button.