Closing down the OKI wiki, what does it mean for you?

Are there options for archiving the wiki in a way that would mean that the pages (and their histories) would still be accessible somewhere? E.g. could we export, zip and put on Archive.org or similar?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve done this before FO.S.C.A. wiki : Migliorini and others : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive it’s very minimal but works well. Just use Special:Export on MediaWiki (check the option to export all history) and save the resulting XML file :champagne:

@jwyg i was also asking about this - i think history is valuable. We certainly want to archive the current site - and we can do that to webarchive.okfn.org. However, getting revisions si more complex …

@jwyg - definitely all pages would be archived, but @pwalsh and I need to investigate what will be the best way to do it.

Hi, about typical wiki post use, how to “get powers” to change my post to Wiki? I not see a “click here to change to Wiki”…

1 Like

You need an admin for that it think… @danfowler, please confim.

@ppkrauss @Mor Users with Trust Level 3 and above can make posts “wiki” posts.

@ppkrauss, you were at 2. I’ve bumped you up :arrow_up:.

@danfowler can we lower the bar and give all level 2 users the abillity to make wiki posts?

Why not?

Done :ballot_box_with_check: