Data Curator was launched today, just in time for Open Data Day.
Data Curator is a simple desktop app to help describe, validate and share usable open data.
Using Data Curator open data producers can:
- create and edit tabular data from scratch
- open data from a CSV or Microsoft Excel file
- open multiple related data tables from a Data Package
Using data from any of these sources, you can:
- automatically create a schema that describes the data fields
- refine the schema to include extra data validation rules
- validate the data against the schema
- describe the provenance of your data
- save data as a valid CSV file in various CSV dialects
Once the data is described and validated, you can share the data and its description by exporting a Data Package and publishing it on the web or in an open data portal.
Open data consumers can use published Data Packages to:
- view the data structure and provenance information to help determine if the data is fit for their purpose
- download the data together with its metadata in a single zip file
- use a suite of tools to work with the data
Download the latest version of Data Curator for Windows or macOS and start sharing usable open data.