DataPortals.org 2.0

What would you like to see in a refresh of DataPortals.org?

For inspiration, here are some other sites that provide lists of data portals:

or an experiment that does away with the need to find the portal, to find the data.

Add your user story
e.g. As a type of user, I want some goal so that some reason.

1 Like

As an editor for DataPortals.org 2.0, I want an easy way to aggregate other lists of open data portals so they can be discovered and displayed by users of the DataPortals.org.

This aggregation:

• must be done on a regular basis so the data is up-to-date
  • highlight duplicate portals so they can be reviewed and corrected as required.

As a example, entries from Libertic’s opendata-map.org should be able to be imported daily

At present the only way to import data into DataPortals.org is to:

• download data from a list of open data portals
  • manually map the data to fields used in DataPortals.org
  • research any missing fields
  • Add each row into DataPortals.org and publish.
1 Like

Hi,

I’m the author of opendata-map, and if you want some helps to import data, it will be a pleasure !

Just my 2cts on the refresh of dataportals.org, what it’s difficult to display on a map it’s :

• the administration level (like, city, state, country) of a public plateform
  • the target land of a non-public plateform

To display a pin where is located the headquarter of the organisation, is not enought from my POV.

Cheers

4 Likes

I would like to suggest idea of moving to CSV in github as “database” rather than using google spreadsheets so as to make it easier to contribute. See Switch to csv stored in github rather the google doc [discussion] · Issue #61 · okfn/dataportals.org · GitHub for details.

2 Likes

@sim51 i just want to acknowledge your suggestions and say these are great and would love your help importing data. We are probably moving to CSV in github which will make that easier :slight_smile:

1 Like