Government Spending

How detailed should government spending be?
In the Czech Republic, you can see the expenses, but not in a details - you know that there was a transfer and what it was for, but not to whom it was transferred: "For example, this is how the Ministry of Labour reports its expenses on employment policy for 2014 (in thousands of CZK), also available here: Monitor Státní Pokladny

The same happens in Israel, where you can see the transfer, but not the entity it was transferred to.

In the UK however, you have all the details of the transaction: http://data.gov.uk/dataset/defra-gpc-spend-over-500-pounds/resource/08efcea1-dc15-418c-a7de-480bb51dc8e0

I believe that we do want to know the whole details, i.e the names of the companies that were being paid and not only the transaction amount, right?

What’s the current description for this item - I think we worded this quite carefully but maybe it needs clarifying.

Records of actual (past) national government spending at a detailed transactional level; at the level of month to month government expenditure on specific items (usually this means individual records of spending amounts under $1m or even under $100k). (Note: Just a database of contracts awarded or similar is not considered sufficient. This data category refers to detailed ongoing data on actual expenditure)

I guess specific items exact details of transaction, right?

So I think that is fairly clear. These needs transactional spending data. A small spreadsheet with items in the billions or millions or dollars will not be sufficient here.