Labs Hangout April 2016

Hey all, Labs Hangouts are now happening on the third Thursday of each month, which means the next hangout will be…

Agenda

This topic is now a wiki. Feel free to add to the agenda!

About

The hangout is an opportunity for folks to present projects and ideas and also to discuss any general Labs items such as improvements to website, events etc.

It is mostly informal and anyone can come along and contribute. If you’d like specifically to present something please jump into the Labs Hangouts Etherpad and add it to the agenda

@labs @local_labs_coords

Editing this “wiki” topic

If you are logged in, you can click the ellipsis below to reveal the edit button.

4 Likes

As mentioned during the previous meetup, we have our own energy-themed hackathon coming up in two weeks at which we would be happy to have your inputs both on-loc and virtual. I’m keeping the thread in the Switzerland forum updated with details. Once the April meetup comes around, I hope there will be some interesting results to share.

Has anyone here been involved with Open Energy Monitoring?

2 Likes

I have some suggestions for the agenda:

I also hope to to some more work on Labs vision and manifesto which could be shared: Finalize a vision/manifesto document for Labs · Issue #409 · okfn/okfn.github.com · GitHub

1 Like

Don’t know what ‘this topic is now a wiki’ applies to. At any rate, I’ve copied the agenda to the etherpad.
And added an item for discussion, re the tcp-eebo texts I’m trying to restore to the datahub. In short, there are many more texts available, but they’re difficult to find, download in bulk, and manipulate. This may be a suitable project for Open Humanities.

1 Like

Thanks @anterotesis! That sounds great!

I’ve updated the instructions on the topic re: “wiki”.

Would love to jump in and present SpendView — Is the hangout open to non-OKFN folks?

1 Like

Of course, glad to have you!

@manuel are you still available to present on SpendView?

Just in case you use this as a template for a future announcement, don’t forget to kill the text about adding new agenda items to the Etherpad (About section)

1 Like

Thanks @tfmorris I have already updated it here: Labs Hangout May 2016